Sorry I have been away for a while, I Have been studying hard for my end of degree exam which, by the way I passed!!! I cannot be happier or prouder of myself. I now have a Bachelor of Nursing Degree! All the tears and long hours studying over the past three years have finally paid off. I can not believe I have complete my degree, it all seems so unreal.
On the topic of study, I thought it would be a perfect time to share with you some of my top tips to help you stay focused and make the most of your study time. Here’s some of the things I have picked up throughout the time of my degree.
1. Find a quiet, comfortable place to study: This is one of the most important things to do whilst studying as you do not want to be around any distractions. Making sure you are comfortable will make it easier for you to concentrate
2. Keep your study space clean and tidy: If you are anything like me, working in a messy space leads to nothing getting done, you waste half your time trying to find pieces of paper
3. Put your phone away and on silent: For a lot of people including me, our phones are the biggest distraction as we are always wanting to reply to people’s texts or have a browse on instagram!
4. Have a big bottle of water and some snacks handy: When your studying, you tend to forget to eat and drink. It is important not to forget to do these things as we need to stay hydrated and energised in order to keep focused!
5. Take breaks! This is another important tip, as we can only stay focused for a certain length of time before we end up staring at the screen in a daze, unable to focus any longer. Taking breaks will help with this. If you have been studying for an hour then take a 10 minute break
6. Adopt a positive attitude: This can be hard to do sometimes, but if we try to maintain a positive attitude towards our study and tell ourselves that it will all be worth it and benefit us, then you will get a lot more done
7. Use bright colours: This on is more of a personal preference but I LOVE to use bright colours when I’m studying! Bright post stick notes, bright highlighters, bright pens. Even bright page markers. I feel it stimulates my brain and helps me remember as I am a very visual person
8. Plan your days! This is one of the most helpful tips I have, organising what subjects you are going to study on each day is such a big game changer. It helps you stay organised so that you can ensure you are studying everything you need too, giving yourself adequate time to do so
9. Reward yourself: Rewarding yourself, it doesn’t have to be big but just reward yourself for all the hard work you are putting in each week. Whether it be allowing yourself to go out for dinner with friends or buying yourself a little something. Rewards make everything seem worth it
10. Try to eat relatively healthy: Now this is a tough one even for me! whilst chocolate, chips and lollies seem like a really good thing to snack on while studying they are definitely not the best for you! You want to eat healthy so you body is getting all the vitamins and nutrients it needs. You will feel a lot better too, instead of feeling sleepy and sluggish
BE AWARE OF PROCRASTINATION, IT GETS US ALL!
I hope these tips were helpful my darling’s, good luck with all your exams I know you will ace them!
Until next time,